I've decided to join the Thursday Thirteen
blogroll for today at least.
1. Just a little FYI: Spray 'n Wash works better than Shout on baby poop stains.
2. I have an annoying sore on my tongue. It's probably God’s way of trying to tell me to eat less potato chips.
3. I'm so glad I don't have to drive anywhere today. Apparently the roads are nutty out there.
4. I'm giddy about going out on Saturday. I've expressed enough milk so that I can go out with my friends and not have to feel pressured to rush home. It will be like the old days for a few moments.
5. I LOVE the busyness of this season. Getting together with friends is one of my favorite things to do. Tonight we're seeing friends that we haven’t seen since Abby was born. Hurray!
6. I have about 3 phone calls I need to make today. Yuck! They're all business-like calls. Have I mentioned before how much I hate the phone?
7. Maybe today I'll get the energy/desire to write out Abby's birth story. I wasn't going to do it but 2 people have requested that I put it on my blog so perhaps I will.
8. Yesterday my mom and I got together with the intentions of cooking for Christmas. Yeah, first was coffee and cinnamon buns. Next came sitting on the couch and visiting. Then we finally got around to making cabbage rolls. Although, I believe my mom got one made before she "needed" to go hold Abby. Then was lunch… You get the picture. Don’t get me wrong, I am THRILLED that my mom loves holding my baby nearly as much as I do.
9. This weekend (I believe) my brother and his family start heading home for Christmas. I am so looking forward to seeing him again and having him see Abby for the first time.
10. I desperately need a haircut. But, I keep wanting to hold off until after Christmas. More important things to spend money on right now.
11. We are having Abby's baby dedication on Christmas Day. This feels special for a whole bunch of reasons including: (1) It means most of my family will be there for it. (2) It's my birthday. (3) Dedicating myself and my child to God on the day we celebrate Jesus' birthday just seems right.
12. Next week J-L and I get to go on a Real Live Date. I know some of you are thinking that shouldn't seem that unusual as we're still new parents. Weird thing is, it's VERY unusual. We barely dated at all in our entire relationship. We fell into a natural/comfortable relationship very early on and rarely had traditional dates. I think by the second week of our relationship our idea of a date was him helping me clean my place before company showed up. :-)
13. I still haven't come up with any great ideas of what J-L should buy me for my birthday. I'm hoping he comes up with something all on his own.