Sunday, February 26, 2006

nos·tal·gi·a: 1. A bittersweet longing for things, persons, or situations of the past. 2. The condition of being homesick; homesickness.

In point form:
1. My father and I argued/discussed/debated my way through high school.
2. We didn't have a television in my youth.
3. During the Olympics (at least in 1984 and 1988) we would borrow a television from friends.
4. My father and I would bond during these times.
5. My father loved my spunk and would often say things to get me started.
6. And so, even during the Olympics the bickering would continue.
7. He would cheer for any country. Mostly Canada but others as the mood struck him.
8. I would cheer for Canada and only Canada.
9. I'm fairly sure that #7 occurred because of #5 and #8.
10. At the beginning of these Olympics Canada had a goal of getting 25 medals.
11. Dad would have snickered about that and suggested they had high hopes.
12. Canada got 24 medals this time around.
13. That's 96%.
14. That's impressive in ANYONE'S books.
15. In your face, Dad! :-)

And that, my friends, is the last word.

Finally, I won one.

Of course, it's a bit easier to "win" when the "opponent" is silent.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great dad story. I miss mine. I've been here before. I remember the great Chinese proverb on babies.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home