Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Lightbulb moment.

I'm having my bath this morning (okay, okay, it was afternoon. Sue me! I didn't get dressed until the afternoon. Let it be known, I also haven't had breakfast or lunch yet. That's right, too lazy and uninspired. Warts enough for you?) and she's doing what she usually does during this time (besides drooling) - sitting in her bouncy seat. Usually, she sits there happily playing with the attached toys while I bathe. This morning, just my luck (see previous posts) she is getting frustrated. REALLY frustrated. I'm sure everyone else would have interpreted her cries to mean that she was hungry or tired but I'm her MOM, we know the difference. (sarcasm completely intended) I try to please her by bobbing my head out of the tub and exclaiming something really fun and smart like "hey"; "hello" or "boogabooga". Again, I'm her mom, that brilliant repartee came with the title. And, as fun and brilliant as I'm being it's having little to no effect (or is it affect, just too lazy to check right now) on her.

WHAT is it? (I know there was no reason for a new paragraph, I just did that to keep you interested.) And then it happened. I had a lightbulb moment. An "aha!" if you will. She is frustrated with her toys. You see, they are attached to the bouncy seat. Translation: She cannot get them into her MOUTH. Remove the toys and she's fine. Bored but at least not frustrated.

Man I'm smart. Seriously, this parenting stuff is a piece of cake. (Please ignore my previous post.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

you ARE brilliant!!!

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a good thing we moms have moments of brilliance to make us forget about the moments of non-brilliance. Otherwise we'd go crazy!

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home