Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

I've said it on here before, I love Christmas music. (Frankly, I love music in general and Christmas in general but this post is not about that.) So, for today...

Thirteen Christmas lyrics I love
Some for the emotion, some for the lyrics and some for the person the song reminds me of.

1.
In his master's steps he trod

Where the snow lay dinted
Heat was in the very sod
Which the Saint had printed

2.
Hail the incarnate Deity

Pleased as man with man to dwell
Jesus, our Emmanuel

3.
Born that man no more may die

Born to raise the sons of earth
Born to give them second birth

4.
And ransom captive Israel


5.
Son of God, love's pure light

Radiant beams from Thy holy face
With the dawn of redeeming grace

6.
Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men."


7.
On this holy night

Lead us to His light
Emmanuel, Emmanuel

8.
Now Joseph was loyal and honest and true

When he heard about Mary his heart broke in two
And so he determined what he had to do
But when he fell asleep it was not long before
An angel said "Joseph, you need to know more"
And it was a dream that he could not ignore
Because he was the Lord’s servant

9.
Israel’s strength and consolation

Hope of all the earth Thou art
Dear desire of every nation
Joy of evry longing heart

10.
The fire is dying now, my lamp is growing dim

The shades of night are lifting
The morning light steals across my windowpane
Where webs of snow are drifting
If I could only have you near
To breathe a sigh or two
I would be happy just to hold the hands I love
And to be once again with you

11.
Long lay the world in sin and error pining.

Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth.

12.
And did the stars shine much brighter that night
You gave birth to the death that would bring us to life
And did the mystery keep you awake
Was the sound of His little heart too much to take


13.
Mary, did you know

That your baby boy will one day walk on water?
Did you know
That your baby boy will save our sons and daughters?
Did you know
That your baby boy has come to make you new?
This child that you’ve delivered
Will soon deliver you

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather Plett said...

Definitely puts my grumpy list to shame. Perhaps I should listen to a bit more of that Christmas music to get me in the spirit.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

You've got great musical taste.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Cakes said...

"Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth."

I love this one, too.

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah...

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home