Friday, February 04, 2005

The Crack

For the most part J-L and I have had a magical marriage. We communicate well. We love well. We make an unmitigated team. I marvel at it but try not to talk about it TOO much as people may comment that we're still honeymooning or may resent our happiness. I get very weary of the "just you wait" attitude of a lot of people so I try to be subdued in my bragging.

But then there was That Weekend. That Crack. It was October. Our world stood still. I can still remember how thick my throat felt. I can still remember how the air smelled. The ache. And how much things changed.

Sometimes thinking back on it terrifies me. Will it happen again? Will we have to work through something even harder in the future? Will the nagging doubts ever end?

But then other times it comforts me. We made it through. We survived our first big challenge. And, as with broken limbs, on some levels we came out even stronger now that the crack has healed over.

But the remnants are still there. The scar. A reminder of our journey.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay you know that part where you wished you could write eloquently?


BINGO.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home