Friday, March 18, 2005

Hello, my name is Cynthia and I'm

addicted! To recipes. I can't help myself. They are the magnet and I the tiny particle of quivering iron. Seriously, no-one should have the number of cookbooks and cut out bits of paper that I have. There is no reason for it. I mean, I love to cook but STILL. It's out of control. I would have to live to be 348 years old in order to actually TRY all the recipes I have. And I'm sheepish to admit, it's only getting worse. I can't casually flip by the page in the newspaper or magazine where recipes are printed. I spend hours scouring the internet for something new, something exciting. I have subscriptions to magazines that have very little content with the exception of good recipes. When *I* stand at the till I don't look longingly at the chocolate bars NOR do I stare at People magazine wondering if Jen and Brad will get back together or wondering how Ms. X lost 180 pounds. No, I'M the one staring at the Canadian Living magazine wondering if I have something coming up where I can serve the pork schnitzel with mushroom sauce.

It's an addiction. I can admit it. Don't they say that's the first step?

But then how do I get absolution knowing that mere moments ago I ordered yet another magazine?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another magazine?

Yes, you are addicted to recipes, but you have someone to help you sort, cut AND paste these recipes into a 3 ring binder. So I guess I fuel your addiction.

3:22 PM  
Blogger ccap said...

tee hee. Sorry, sweetie. It was FREE, how could I resist?

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home