Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Just You Wait!

I realized recently that I get quite annoyed by Just You Wait people. Joy takers. I work closely with someone like that. Anytime I speak of my marriage she'll roll her eyes (figuratively or literally) telling me that I'm still in the honeymoon stage. That I don't REALLY know what a marriage is like and that I should Just Wait.

Same goes for any coworkers bragging about their young child. Just You Wait. One day he/she will be an ungrateful; rebellious teen who never listens.

Both of these things may very well be true but why can we not enjoy what we have right now? Just because you're bitter that the best of your days are over (ooooh, the nails are out now) doesn't mean that our days can't be better. I believe in living in the joy of the moment so LET ME.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well JUST YOU WAIT until that baby of yours looks into your eyes for the first time ...and it just gets better. My absolute worst day with my children is still better than my absolute best day at the office. Or my absolute best poetry reading.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home