Wednesday, March 02, 2005

An update

I feel the need to update this blog regarding my mom's relationship.

I'm getting quite weary of her neediness these days. I know I should be used to it but unfortunately, I'm not and it still wears me out sometimes. She keeps looking for approval and doesn't think she's finding it with her family. Here's a snippet of our conversation today:

Mom: I'm going to have just as many problems meeting his family as he did meeting mine.

Me: What problems?

Mom: Well, that they won't like me. That they won't approve.

Me: What are you talking about? I have no problem with Paul whatsoever other than some of the minor stuff I've already told you. My only problem is the speed. In a week you guys met and are now talking about marriage! How can we NOT be a little freaked out?!

Mom: Well, sometimes the Lord works quickly.

Me: I know, Mom. Like I said, I'd be happy for you to find someone to love. But, give us at least a little time to adjust to it.

She also proceeded to say that she thought it was a mistake that Paul stayed at our place over the weekend because she felt like we didn't like him. Some days her insecurities make me want to scream! I'm sorry if I didn't hug him or shower him with love but I only met the guy on Friday and by that night he was sleeping on my couch. I felt like I was hospitable and kind to him and we sat up and talked for 3 hours or so. What more am I supposed to do?

It just astonishes me that she doesn't seem to get it. She doesn't seem to get that her kids are trying to support her but that they might need time to adjust. She doesn't seem to get that if WE had gotten into a relationship that quickly that she would have been freaked out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home