Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Where is Dr. Phil when I need him?

I worry about money. As far back as I can remember I've worried about money. When I was a child I worried about my parents' finances. I received a letter from my dentist informing my parents that I needed braces. As I knew my parents couldn't afford it I threw that letter out before they saw it. Thinking back to that child breaks my heart. And, here I sit, 35 years into my life and I still worry about money. When I think of the possibility of starting a family the biggest fear that nearly cripples me is "How can we afford it?" Yes, I think of the possibility of our child being handicapped but that doesn't worry me, I know we could get through that together. Yes, I think of the child one day rejecting us but that (although it saddens me) is also something that I know we'd survive. But worrying about money keeps me awake at night.

The crazy thing is that with the exception of about a year I have had basically no money problems as an adult. I owe next to nothing and have a substantial amount put away for rainy days. So, WHAT IS UP with the worry? Anyone want to help analyze me?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're channeling Grandma, but you know it doesn't make sense to worry about water?

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home