Monday, February 28, 2005

So That's That

My mom is In A Serious Relationship and I have no idea what to do with that. I always considered myself to be okay with the idea. To be supportive of Mom if she could find a second love. But, that was before this week.

I don't want to suggest that I have now suddenly become UNsupportive. Not at all. It's just easier as an idea and not a reality. And it is happening so very, very fast.

I think I've covered nearly every emotion about it in the past week. I giggled with Mom when she first told me. I shied back when I first met him. I was interested in his stories. I was bored by his stories. I challenged him. I was kind to him. I was mean to him. I was scared for Mom. I was happy for Mom. And, one night I cried myself to sleep.

But, in the end Mom seems to have more confidence and courage than I have often seen in her and THAT makes me very happy. She is blunt with him and will not follow him blindly like she is prone to do.

No matter what, from here on in things change. It may be good, it may be hard. I will on some levels lose my mom and lose my kids' grandma's undivided attention. And that breaks my heart. But, it's not about me.

There are so many other things that I could say and perhaps one day I will write them all down. But, for now, I am weary and heavy of heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home