Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Principles

I don't like large corporations that are taking over the world. Given a choice, I would rather shop at a local store nearly all the time. If not a local store at least either a Canadian-owned store or a smaller chain. For the most part I, at the moment, can achieve this. I don't LIKE shopping at That Store that starts with W and ends with Mart. I HATE Starbucks coffee. I don't have children begging me for the most recent output from the stores and producers that I avoid.

However, Houston, we now have a problem.

It has a name.

It is the Starbucks Pumpkin Scone. I do believe someone evil created these. I have no respect for them and given the option I would most likely sneer in their general direction.

THEY ARE SO STUPIDLY GOOD!

And every time I buy one I feel a tingle of anticipation in my senses combined with lead in my stomach due to The Guilt.

Why oh why can I NOT find this recipe online so this madness can end?

1 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

You are so evil, in a good way. I am now tempted to walk to my neighbourhood Starbucks (although I never go there and prefer to stop at Second Cup to try one of these scones. Thatr is evil. Thank you for that.

This might not be THE scones you speak of...but it is a recipe for pumpkin scones.
http://thanksgiving.allrecipes.com/az/PumpkinScones.asp

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home