Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Tiny Rant

I really don't like it when someone wishes me "Happy Holidays". It grates on my nerves. It's just all together too politically correct for me. And, I just assume that said customer service rep was requested to do so by his/her superiors and that grates on my nerves too - the thought of someone instructing someone else on how they should greet someone.

I understand that I'm Christian and therefore perhaps do not "get" how it must feel to be wished "Merry Christmas" when I don't celebrate the event. But know what? Call me callous but I don't CARE. We (even though it may not seem that way sometimes) are a country founded on Christianity and that therefore, includes Christmas. If I were visiting or living in another country I wouldn't be offended if they wished me "Happy Hanukkah" or such.

Thanks, done now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joyska said...

Merry CHRISTmas my friend... I have a gift for your little one that is coming in the new year *after the Canadians go back to Canada* as well as ah... maybe a BIRTHDAY present?! HAHAHA...

So, Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, Congratulations... anything else you can pack into ONE day?

Miss ya!

2:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No "Happy Holidays" from me. Nothing but a great big Merry Christmas!

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home