Monday, January 30, 2006

Confident

I could make a list of all the things I will miss about Abby's stint in babyhood. It would include things such as her gummy smile and the feeling of her falling asleep on my chest. The look of concentration she gives when trying to grasp a toy. Her cooing. Her tiny fingers wrapped around mine.

But there is one thing I can very confidently say:

I WILL NOT MISS THE PUKING!

I will not miss the smell of it. I will not miss the sight of it caked on to my shirts. Dried on to her outfits. I will not miss those frantic moments when J-L and I have to grab for her to turn her on her side so that it can come out and not go back in. I will not miss the fountain that (as my boy put it) looks like a sink backing up. I will not miss the dozens of receiving blankets we go through in a week. The need for Spot Shot to remove the stench from our couch.

Nope, I won't. And you can't persuade me otherwise.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to that Moodge. Just when we think that she's getting out of the puking stage, it comes back with a vengeance. It's incredible how much crotte a little baby can produce.

Oh well, she is still gorgeous!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Raehan said...

My oldest did not spit up AT ALL.

My second spit up ALL THE TIME AND EVERYWHERE.

Don't worry, that's not normal. And no I don't miss the puke.

Anyway, as for the good stuff, I kept a first year calendar and wrote down the little things I wanted to remember. It is so worth it. I didn't journal or blog then. I suppose you have your blog for that stuff.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Nichole said...

My husband was just lamenting the fact that everything he owns smells like baby puke.
But Piper makes up for it with the gummy smiles!

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home