Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Temptation thy name is... Mother?

This year for lent I decided to give up snacks. All snacks. Basically, anything other than my 2-3 meals is a no-no. So far, not too much of a problem. Well, yesterday I had to spit out a grape that I bit into without thinking but that's really the only issue to date. That was, until today. This afternoon and early evening I went to visit my mom. Oy-yoy-yoy! She had count 'em:
- 5 types of candy
- 2 types of cookies
- 2 types of nuts
- 3 types of fruit
in various dishes around her home. I can't even BEGIN to tell you how much of a struggle it was not to pop a cashew or marshmallow candy in my mouth.

3 Comments:

Blogger pamero said...

Yeah, today I 'smoked' and then chewed one of the leftover 'gum cigarettes' from the Oscar party, before spitting it out onto the table in horror at my own quick forgetfulness. Why oh why, did I give up candy!?!

11:55 PM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

Sometimes I wonder WHY our mother isn't 300 pounds, with all the snack food and home baking she has around the house. Obviously more self-discipline than me.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Joyska said...

lent and fasting is soooo hard! i laughed when i wrote my entry and then went to yours... so how were the oscars and the party? I thought of you guys lots over the last week! WISH I could have been there!

I really do miss you guys!

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home