Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Dear coworker(s)

Today is our Christmas potluck. You've KNOWN that we were to have this Christmas potluck for a week. During that week at some point you should have taken some time out of your life to think about what you were going to bring. I recognize that you may not be organized but surely you had 10 or 15 minutes to think of something. I also recognize that you may not enjoy cooking. I can also appreciate that perhaps last night was very busy for you and you didn't have enough time to cook something.

See? Look at me being all understanding.

But SERIOUSLY... Enough's enough with the understanding side of me. *I* was busy last night too. I was VERY busy actually and barely had any time to read to my daughter let alone play with her. But you know what? Somewhere in that busyness I found the time to make a whole whack of meatballs for today. You couldn't even find the time to mix together a cake or to prepare a salad or ANYTHING? I gotta say I really resent that. It really kind of ticks me off. It's like you're saying your time is more valuable than mine. Know what? It's NOT.

Oh yeah, and while I'm at it: I find it REALLY insulting that you have the NERVE to run out (during work hours I might add) to buy something just before the potluck. 'Cause you know what? Whatever it is you are going to buy it is NOT going to be as good as my meatballs. No, that's not me being proud, that's me being truthful. You're going to get some Safeway cake or a veggie platter or some chips and dip and that just doesn't seem fair. Why should I share my delicious meal with you when that's all you're going to contribute?

Jerk!

Okay, done now.

Think I need a little work on my Christmas spirit?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehehehehehehehehehehe

take that, coworkers!

Did you mix your meatballs with your magic KitchenAid?

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this rant and rave post. You should see the one I'm planning. I'm disguising it as a spoof against myself, but you will have no trouble figuring out which group of dearly loved people in my life I am really spoofing. GRRRRR... what is this about people being just a tad too disappointing sometimes?

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I'm hungry.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Just D said...

OH! I hear you sistah! I have a potluck thing at my house EVERY. FRIDAY. NIGHT. Someone inevitably shows up with boxed mac and cheese they purchased on the way and wants to cook it up on my stove. Hello?

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We used to have fairly regular potlucks at a church I used to attend. After about 4 of them where half the casseroles consisted of macaroni mixed with canned tomato sauce, I stopped cooking "something special" and did the same as everyone else.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know... i was once scheduled to bring dessert to a potluck i didn't want to go to and ultimately didn't show up for, so i can't be critical, i suppose.

mea culpa. (i am NOT, however, the coworker in question.)

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home