Monday, August 13, 2007

New post!

(If only to get the word panties off the screen.




Oh crap.)

Hey, speaking of crap, this one's for my family (although, obviously the rest of you can read along, it just probably doesn't interest you as much): Mom said the word crap on Friday. Just in everyday conversation like she uses it all the time. As in, "when we're in Alberta Paul has to drink a bunch of crap before he takes his tests". WHAT? J-L actually stopped her and asked her if she said what we thought she did. Yup. Her response: "Why, is that a bad word?" No, Mom, not a bad word, just surprising from you, a little like the cucumber joke and the pant pocket joke. (And now that's REALLY inside and those of you not related to me have drifted off to sleep.)

Anyway, back to regularly scheduled program. A few updates.

The daughter? She slept all night in her own bed by herself. Did you catch that? All Night. Own Bed. Alone. I think she was just as shocked as we were when she woke up.

The house? We own one in only 2 more sleeps. Wow.

The previous owners? Yeah, it would appear that they've moved out. (Finally.) And yet, there is still furniture that can be seen through the front window*. Crap (that one's for you, Mom). I have this fear they've left us with a giant mess.

The packing? Going well. Still much to be done but much has been done as well. One of my favorite friends, Marja, took Peanut for a few hours on Saturday. I don't think I have felt as blessed as that for a long, long time. And, as if that wasn't enough, they came back bearing cotton candy for me. I could cry just remembering it. (Of course, some of the tears might also be because it's all gone.)

* I had to put in that "front window" bit so that you all realized I wasn't skulking around the back, peeking in windows. I might be a stalker but I am NOT a peeping Tom. Please, people, I have SOME dignity.

7 Comments:

Blogger mmichele said...

congratulations on the sleep!

(and if they're all moved out then by all means, skulk around to all the windows, front and back.)

and although she is not my mother, i am SHOCKED by the bad language, and by the cucumber joke. i can only imagine...

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

crap, the cucumber joke and the front pocket joke! lol and then not knowing why you're surprised - or pretending not to - reminds me of mom and korey spending the evening in a pub together only yours might be more extreme - you tell me

i LOVE the stalking footnote - totally got me laughing

1:11 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I can't wait to see it!

(don't ask me about the Susan - it's unpredictable)

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy that you saw my taking Peanut as a blessing because we really had a great time together. It felt complete selfish getting to spend some time with her just the two of us. I now feel like I know her just that little bit better. I think Tinkertown should become an annual event.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

Crap?! CRAP!?? Oh my.

We'll be home tomorrow and would be happy to spend a little time with Abby! The girls have been missing her. :-)

7:56 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

MY mother would NEVER say crap.

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to hear the cucumber joke.

My husband took the girls out for a few hours on Sundaywhen I was getting bitchy and I tell you, it was heaven. It made me realize that I hadn't had time alone in a really, really, REALLY long time.

Time alone is not a luxury, it is a requirement.

Congrats on the house ownership. And maybe it's a nice couch.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home