Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday Five

Five things on my mind at the moment:

1. He’s not my child and yet I just find it delightful that our exchange student is making friends already.

2. The other day I asked Abby what she wanted to have at her birthday supper (two positives in one day: Her birthday and the U.S. election… one is mostly positive because then it will FINALLY BE OVER but I’m not telling you which one) and she responded: "pork". Well, there you go. Seems to me most nearly 3 year-olds would be requesting pizza or hot dogs but apparently Abby likes to think outside the box.

3. It’s a rare treat: Both children are currently napping. I believe I could count on one hand the number of times both children have gone down for a nap at the very same time. Exhale.

4. Survivor starts up next week. Smile. Thursday nights are back on! YAY! It’s getting a little less leisurely to host now what with a chatty child who positively aDORES the Thursday night company but hopefully (a) they’re willing to put up with her and (b) she actually stops pestering them to read to her or to answer her billions of questions.

5. I miss work. I mean, I don’t miss the politics and I don’t miss the early mornings or dealing with crap from brokers but I do at times miss going there. And, beyond anything, I miss the social aspect.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd forgotten that Abby and I share a birthday!

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Abby!

I'd miss work, too.

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home