Friday, November 26, 2010

On comparing my husband to food

Recently a very good friend of mine asked me what X’s husband was like. She knows X a tiny bit but her husband not at all.

“Hmm, well...” I started “he’s like boiled potatoes. There’s not much pizzazz or spice or excitement there but he’s reliable and predictable and completely acceptable.”

She paused and then continued: “Well, then you’d probably think my husband is boiled potatoes too.”

“Yeah, good point” I replied “mine too.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I have someone in my life whose husband is unemployed mainly because he is ultimately very lazy. They would like to be separated but because he has no money or job he can’t really leave the house so he lives in the basement.

I have someone else in my life whose fights erupt to the point of items being thrown and broken. The male has left the house for 3 days straight without calling the female once to let her know where he is.

I know another person who is going through the messiest of divorces where abuse is being charged and fights over the daughter are nasty. Any love that may have been there at one time has completely evaporated. They will fight until every last cent of that child’s possible future education fund is spent.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Give me boiled potatoes anytime.

4 Comments:

Blogger pamero said...

mmmm...I love potatoes! (And I like JL too!)

12:32 PM  
Blogger Wendy Barkman said...

Good thing is... these are potatoes that I can stomach! And oh, so, YUMMY!

6:05 AM  
Blogger mmichele said...

I'm a potato girl myself. Especially when there is butter and salt involved.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Same. Potatoes and now and then a little nutmeg.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home