Monday, September 13, 2010

Some good news

I've talked about it before, my daughter and her exhuberant jumping. I've talked about it but I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who think "yes, Cynthia, young girls jump, that's what they do." And, while you might be right, I don't think you realize the extent of the jumping if your brain is saying that. In fact, one time at swimming lessons I timed her - in 15 seconds, 11 jumps. I then also scoured the pool (many lessons going on at the same time) for another young child who looked joyful. I found one. 5 jumps in 15 seconds. That should give you a bit of an idea.

I've also talked about how heartbreaking it was for me one time when the bouncing disappeared. The bouncing had disappeared last week. In its place was crying and traditional walking and much tugging and begging. And I didn't know that Abby. I didn't even know how to mother that Abby. But Friday? She loooved kindergarten. I picked her up at the end of the day and she BOUNCED over to me. And the sight of those bright new runners lifting off the floor was the light I needed. (She stilled cried again this morning but not for as long and I know the bounce it will come back again.)

Also, somewhere, sometime, my son has discovered how to be a monster AND a pirate. And I do believe hearing a 2 year-old's voice saying (near as we can figure) "Arr, mayonnaise" is about as cute as it gets. (In three takes (and a very willing volunteer head-holding assistant) and we STILL didn't really get a good shot of his face as it scrunches up to be a pirate.)


4 Comments:

Blogger beckster said...

Haha, I love the take two head holding!

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Heather Plett said...

Oh my - those videos just filled me with all kinds of warm fuzzies.

10:27 PM  
Blogger pamero said...

ha ha ha ha ha! But that third try was pretty darn good!!

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home