Thursday, September 09, 2010

Shows how much I know

I just assumed that Abby would be delighted to go to her new daycare. Kids her age. More stimulation. Crafts.

I just assumed she would walk in there and be her delightful, confident self.

I just assumed that she would make friends instantaneously.

I pretty much counted down the days with her until her new adventure.

She could pick what leftovers she wanted for lunch! She'd get some new clothes! She wouldn't just have to hang out with 2 year-old boys!

So why am I sitting here crying my eyes out knowing that she is currently in that room crying her eyes out too.

P.S. Yes, I know it's only day three and I KNOW it will get easier. But for just right now this freaking sucks!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Stephanie said...

It does suck. We're going on Day 6 and still haven't quite managed to be tear-free for the morning drop-off.

Knowing that it will be better doesn't actually make you feel better when you see them crying :(

Hoping that both our girls adjust soon.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Heather Plett said...

Oh man. It does suck. Just the thought of it brings a lump to my throat too.

3:55 PM  
Blogger corrie said...

Ohhhh.... let her know we're sending some extra-special French love her way.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home