Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Doctor's Appointment

Another doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon. Thankfully, we didn't have to wait long. We walked in to see the place packed with people waiting. I guess they must have been waiting for one of the other 2 doctors there.

My gp (as I believe I've mentioned before) is not the touchy-feely type. And, as someone who is ALSO like that, works fine for me. She does the job, is professional and knowledgeable, listens to any questions and treats me with respect. This is really all I need. However, there were 2 moments yesterday that have me smiling still so I had to share them:

1) She lifted up my shirt to check on the baby's heartbeat. Upon seeing my stomach she called it "cute". How odd hearing that from a doctor. But hey, I'd take that over a gasp any day. :-)

2) Just before we were leaving she told me that I was beautiful. Which, once again, my brow furrowed in confusion. This alone was unusual but then she also reminded J-L that he should always remember to tell me that. Tee hee. Apparently she's a marriage counselor too.

J-L and I giggled our way out and both seriously wondered if she'd dipped into the vodka mere moments before our appointment.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather Plett said...

I've been to your doctor (when mine was away) and as much as she's not the touchy-feely type, I agree that she has her moments. And her sister (my doctor) is even less touchy-feely (her "moments" are even more few and far between, but she DID say, when she first saw Nikki smile "this baby has been smiled at alot"), but is honest, respectful and knowledgeable, so I trust her.

You'll find the same thing with Dr. S. He has his moments - like when he sent Marcel and me out of the hospital to his favourite restaurant, even though I had nothing but slippers to wear :-)

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute stomach, beautiful... two completely reasonable and sober comments from my point of view

2:34 PM  
Blogger Joyska said...

okay, so is this a case of "THE TRUTH HURTS"? hehehe

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home