Friday, August 12, 2005

Cute hubby story

'Kay, others go on their blogs and tell cute baby stories. Well, I don't have kids yet so that's not really an option for me. One day I'll get to embarrass them but for now I'll just have to settle for their father.

Last Saturday we got up bright and early to go to a few garage sales. I'm not that big on garage sales but thought it might be a good start for reasonably priced baby stuff or things for the nursery. He, on the other hand, had never been to garage sales. Or, if he had, it hadn't been for a very long time. I don't think he was that keen on going the first time I mentioned it but does enjoy hanging out with me (go figure) so off we went. Well, as I mentioned a few posts ago, it was a successful trip.

And now, my friends, a maniac has been created.

He has become mildly obsessed with garage sales. He is already planning our trip out tomorrow and dreaming about what we might find while driving around this city of ours. It's quite cute to hear him with sentences like "we can do that when we get home from the garage sales" or "maybe we can find that at a garage sale tomorrow". He may try to deny it and claim it's all in jest but I can see the glint in his eye when he talks about rising early or bragging to people about the cd player that he bought for $12.50.

So far in our marriage I am happy to report that neither of us are packrats. PLEASE don't tell me that's changed. I shudder at the thought of our home being filled with crap we don't need.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry darlin', no packrats here. It surprises me too how much I enjoyed going to the garage sales. We are going tomorrow morning, right? ;-)

And, for the record, the sticker price on the CD player was $12.50, but I got it for $10.00.

Bring it!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Joyska said...

think of it as marrying a BARGAIN hunter, not a pack rat! $10.00 for a CD player...not bad. My mom goes every Saturday morning in the summer... then about every year, my dad has a garage sale! heehee! miss you guys, i hope you are doing well!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

Not quite sure why WE got stuck with all the packrat genes! Not quite fair that they all ended up in OUR household.

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly, my wonderful husband got a bit of the packrat from his father. Fortunately - or perhaps not - we have a basement, so stuff doesn't clutter up the house.

Thanks for your kind comment on my post at Michele's.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said...

So I take it you didn't find an old cupboard??? KEEP LOOKING!

As for Hubbies and yard sales....mine is an avid fisherman...(who'd rather be fishing). BUT when I do drag him out once in a while to the sales, he has lucked out and found fishing gear. He always has to pull his treasures out and show his buddies...and gloat at the bargain he got!

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home