Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Honesty

Warning: The contents of this blog may be offensive to some readers. Too bad for you. 4 nights of less than stellar sleep brings out the cheeriness (translation: bitter sarcasm) in the author.

There are days I want to come on here and wax romantically about this pregnancy. I want the glow and I want to be one of those people who just raves about pregnancy and the miracle of it all. In the past I've gotten weary of women who have whined their way through their pregnancies. I wasn't going to be one of those women. I was going to feel blessed all the time. But then again, I was also only going to gain about 20 pounds and THAT didn't happen. And, when it comes down to it, honesty is something I strive for and something I respect in other people.

Let's recap:

First came the sore breasts. Swollen, growing, painful.
Next came week after week after day after hour of nausea. Whoever deemed it "morning" sickness must never have had it. The idea of "morning" sickness seems almost bearable to me. 24/7 sickness, not-so-much.
Somewhere in there exhaustion kicked in. Seemed odd since the baby is the size of a peanut. But, there it was. Pure exhaustion.
Second trimester came along and thankfully, both the Exhaustion and the Nausea took a back seat. Unfortunately, Back Pain and Other Aches in General were both quite willing to clamber into the front seat.
And the leg cramps. Oh yes, those make me glow too. It's just oh-so-lovely to be woken up in the middle of the night by a searing pain shooting its way through my leg.
Oh yes, can't forget the weight gain. That's fun. It gives me warm fuzzies just thinking about the fact that I won't be able to fit into all of my maternity clothes towards the end of this thing. No, not necessarily because of my stomach growth but rather the other parts of my body that have also grown exceedingly well.
Space already seems to be an issue. I still have 3 months to go and already I feel as though I can barely breathe at times. It feels as though Peanut has shoved his/her way into my lung space. Not sure how much more room there is in there. And yet, apparently, he/she is going to grow another 5 pounds or so. Yikes!
And then there's the moodiness. Mmmm, how I love that! It is just so gosh darn much fun to burst into tears at any given moment. To push my boy away who is only trying to comfort me. To cry for long stretches of time for no reason in particular. It's just the best!


Apparently, after all this is done I get to be in the worst pain of my life for hours on end. Yippee!

2 Comments:

Blogger Joyska said...

i love your honesty... it also confirms my suspicions about "happy pregnant people" hehe.

hey, btw, I tagged you on my blog... feel free to skip it if the bitter sarcasm fails to recede... although, it may end up being highly entertaining!

Miss ya! and I am sorry it has been so miserable at times

4:42 PM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

Wish I could say "oh, but it gets SO much better", but I can't. Even AFTER you have them, there are some days that feel like pure hell. Fortunately, there are lots of days in between that are beautiful.

Sorry it has to be this way for you.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home