Wednesday, July 27, 2005

July 21, 2005

- Had another bagel for breakfast. Tried a different spot this morning and man am I glad I did. This was one of those food experiences that will live in memory for quite sometime. Mmm. My mouth is salivating just remembering. Pumpernickle bagel with strawberry cream cheese. Ahhh. Eaten outdoors sitting in Rockefeller Plaza.

- Did a little shopping at various stores (yes, Marja, one of them was a card store).

- Headed via subway to the Bronx so that my boy could see Yankee stadium. We got there around 11:30. There was a tour of the place that was to begin at noon which we were hoping to get on. Unfortunately, the noon tour was sold out and the next one was at 1. Not a lot to see around Yankee stadium or we might have stuck around. I felt bad that the ONE thing he wanted to do didn't work out but he claims he's still happy as he got to see the place.

- From there it was off to Greenwich Village for a more subdued walk. Another one of those pleasant memories: wandering the quiet streets of the Village with my camera filled with a roll of black and white film.

- In the village we also ate our best meal by far. A small Thai restaurant that believes in low prices, good food and excellent service. I'd recommend it to anyone visiting the area.

- Also bought basically my only souvenir from the trip: a skirt and blouse. Hopefully next summer I can wear both of them.

- Headed to Battery Park again but due to insane traffic at this point (we went about 10 blocks in about an hour) we decided to take the subway back to Times Square.

- And, for our evening entertainment it was seeing Kevin Pollack perform at the infamous Carolines comedy club. (Don't even get me started on how annoyed I am that they don't have an apostrophe in their name.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Raehan said...

Sigh. I love New York.

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home