Friday, July 15, 2005

A little Friday frivolity

Found a list of silly quotes online and picked out a few of my favourites. Hope one or two make you smile on this pleasant Friday. (And hopefully you won't have as hard a time as I do ignoring the split infinitive on number 14.)

  1. My inferiority complex is not as good as yours.
  2. A day without sunshine is like night.
  3. If you can't be kind at least have the decency to be vague.
  4. The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.
  5. Money is the root of all wealth.
  6. Did you hear about the self help group for compulsive talkers? It's called On & On Anon.
  7. Aviation Rule #1: Number of takeoffs must equal number of landings.
  8. People who claim they don't let little things bother them have never slept in a room with a single mosquito.
  9. If genius is one percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration, I wind up sharing elevators with a lot of bright people.
  10. I hate animal testing. They get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
  11. Tell a man that the universe is made of 400 billion stars, and he'll believe you. Tell him that a bench has wet paint on it and he has to touch it.
  12. Give a man fire and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for a lifetime.
  13. I used to be clueless about math, but I turned that around 360 degrees.
  14. One ought to whimsically delete files every once in a while, just to show the computer who's boss.
  15. Today is the last day of your life so far.

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

tee hee! You started me laughing today. I think it'll be a good day. Thanks!

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My kind of post! :-)

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home