Friday, June 24, 2005

Thoughts on my drive home last night (in no particular order)

(1) I'm very happy to receive hand-me-down maternity clothes but nearly 100% of my own clothes have the tags cut out of them because they drive me to drink and I don't really want to drink while with child. But, what am I supposed to do with borrowed clothes? Surely it's rude to cut the tags out of other people's clothing.

(2) Why exactly should I let you in now? You saw the upcoming merge just as well as I did.

(3) Writing lists while driving is probably even MORE dangerous than talking on a phone while driving.

(4) Big, juicy raindrops are a lot more enjoyable after a hot day than they were after 10+ days of only rain.

(5) What would possess someone to smoke a joint [Is that still the "in" word for it?] while driving down the road at 4:30 in the afternoon? What type of person does that? [Aside: Yes, I know it was a joint, the sweet-smelling smoke was wafting into my open window from their car.]

(6) While the art of changing clothes while driving still pleases me it is certainly a little trickier with this newly formed belly.

(7) Toto really should be proud of that line [Sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti]. It's not every songwriter who could fit the words Kilmanjaro, Olympus and Serengeti into a song let alone in the same line!

4 Comments:

Blogger ccap said...

Aw shucks, Chip, that's the nicest thing anybody's said to me today. Thanks!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

Is this whole city going to pot? (pun intended) Last week, Marcel saw someone smoking a joint at the bus stop in front of the university, and now you see one in a car. I thought that only happened out in the open at Folk Festival!

And, as much as Toto may be able to write a unique lyric, I have trouble believing it - we drove all the way across the Serengetti, and there's no place you can see Kilimanjaro from there.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

#3 As long as you're not trying to type them on a laptop! :)

5:04 AM  
Blogger Raehan said...

Great list. Do you have a long commute every night? You'll be ready for that maternity leave, won't you?

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home