Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Things I wish I could say to my coworkers but can't

1) It's hard for me to be sitting at my desk nearly in tears over how busy I am only to overhear you giggling with each other in the coffee room.

2) I don't understand how it's okay for you to come in day after day at 9 o'clock and not feel the least bit guilty.

3) I'm sorry that I don't always seem sociable or happy. I am both sociable AND happy outside of this place.

4) I won't miss you much when I go on mat leave. Oh, I'm sure there will be times when I will miss idle chatter but I don't think I will miss any of you (as individuals) extensively.

5) Why exactly should *I* answer the door for the 14th time today when you have spent half the day having personal conversations and I'm going to be here well past closing time?

This too shall pass.

It's not that I hate my job. In fact, what I do fits right in with what I enjoy doing. It's just so stinkin' hard working in an office like this where no-one ever offers to help out.

6 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

You know ccap, it's that damned protestant work ethic that has been instilled into you. You may not miss them but they will sure miss you. And when you're on mat leave, I for one would love to chatter idly with you if you're missing it.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Raehan said...

You would think they'd be doing EXTRA work to help you out if you are pregnant.

Yes, you won't miss them. You have so much to look forward to.

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ABSOLUTELY assure you that I had not read this post when I posted my latest!!! I was trying to figure out how to make things sufficiently anonymous and then gave up and that's why I posted what I did on my own blog. I'd hate for you to think it was in any way related to this post!!!

8:15 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

heh heh
i have been where you are
and now i work at home
and sometimes wonder
was it really that bad?
when i know deep in my heart
it was that bad
but damn it
the grass is always greener and more co-operative when you are on the other side heehee

7:17 AM  
Blogger ccap said...

Yeah, gkgirl, I hear you. I'm sure there will be times during my mat leave when I'll miss coming to work every day. I think that's part of the reason I posted this - to remind myself later on.

8:43 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

heeheehee
and the funniest thing is
i work
in
childcare

oh wait...
thats not the funniest
its the saddest

ba-hahaha

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home