Thursday, June 09, 2005

Well, THAT sucked.

During the day yesterday I realized I needed some plans for the evening. I needed Something To Do or I'd go bonkers over this stupid rainy weather. So, I spoke to my husband and we arranged something to do. A fun evening of the 2 of us hanging out at home doing a craft of sorts. Something we both enjoy. Plus, I had an idea for supper that was appealing to me. Nothing fancy but the perfect cozy meal to enjoy on a gray day. My evening was looking up.

And then 4:30 came and I walked out to a car with a flat tire. Dang it! Under normal circumstances I am well aware that I can change a tire. I've changed many tires in my time. But, I was wearing a short skirt, high heeled shoes AND I'm pregnant. Not exactly normal circumstances. I know I could have called CAA but I was tired and grumpy and didn't feel like waiting for them. Typically I'd just call my husband but I knew that his boss was in town and that they were having a staff meeting. I didn't want to be one of THOSE wives that interrupts during meetings to have her husband come rescue her. And so I trudged off to the bus in my too-stupid-for-pregnancy shoes in the rain without an umbrella. Ahh, what a lovely start to an evening! Mood completely changed. No happy little evening of a lovely supper followed by our "craft". (No, there's nothing secretive about the craft but rather just something that would show you how truly geeky we both are and I'm trying to keep that slightly hidden.) Instead, an evening filled with a couple miscommunicating and snapping at each other for the first hour followed by a second hour of waiting at a repair shop only to discover that the tire will need replacing and CAN'T be fixed.

I guess my "need" to be out of the house was fulfilled in some crazy way. And tonight it will be again as we drive off to Ile des Chenes in the hopes of getting a new tire for cheaper than what they quoted us last night. What fun!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever noticed that flat tires never happen at convenient times? Why is that?

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, you've got me curious. Spill it. Just how nerdy are you guys?

11:35 AM  
Blogger ccap said...

Okay, okay, Michele. I didn't want to but you've forced me too. J-L and I are quite organized (in certain areas). And, as I believe you know, I'm obsessed with recipes. I cut them out of newspapers, I'll sneak them out of the doctor's office's magazines. It's unhealthy. And, these clippings result in messy piles. And once those piles get too out of hand we get to work. We cut them out (with a paper cutter nonetheless - see? I TOLD you we're nerdy) and glue them on to paper and slip them into plastic sleeves and organize into a 3 ring binder. I know! Geeky! Crazy thing is we BOTH love doing it. "Wanna work on the recipe book tonight?" is like whispering sweet nothings into our ears. Oy ve! I make MYSELF sick.

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to look at that recipe book! I had a friend who thought I was geeky because I like to read recipe books in bed.
I'm trying to imagine Rob wanting to cut and paste recipes...(ex;plosive laughter) I guess no one's perfect. *sigh*

1:43 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Well, I was going to ask you if your craft included macaroni shapes, glass jars and spray paint. Clipping and organizing recipes seems quite sane and pleasant to me.

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember making spray painted macaroni crafts. Why did dad never use that pen holder? hmmm...

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home