Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Just wondering...

How much money do you have to earn in order NOT to be stressed out about the cost of a Hummer? I saw one on the way to work and I wondered what goes through the brain of someone who buys one? They must be so exceedingly different from me. There is no WAY (with the genetic makeup I have) I could EVER justify that kind of showiness for that kind of expense for that kind of uselessness for that kind of environmental damage. NEVER, no matter HOW much I earn.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't that funny? We were discussing hummers last night at supper. I said something like, "I see a hummer and I automatically think, 'must be a jerk.'" I can't help it.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Yeah me too, I can't help but assume all hummer drivers are a**holes.

Have you seen any of the ads for the new Hummer ‘lite’? Apparently they start around 40,000… meaning now the middle class a**holes can have a hummer too.

God help us all.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

Yeah, that's where you KNOW your opinions are spilling over onto your children - my kids see hummers and automatically question the sanity of the drivers :-)

3:04 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

i think that
when i see a ludriciously expensive
diamond/jewelry ad
all i can think
is
how many books
i could buy with that amount of money
heh heh
i'm a geek thru and thru
:)

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband and I just mentioned this exact same thing yesterday! I understand why people buy luxury vehicles...but Hummers? Hummers?! I shake my head.

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home