Monday, September 19, 2005

Last day of work

As of today, I have decided my last day of work will be October 19th. (This may change depending on baby and exhaustion.)

This means (excluding a holiday and 2 vacation days for packing and moving) that I will be working here 21 more days.

The thought of this both excites and terrifies me in equal measure.

I don't know if I know how NOT to work. And yet, I'm fascinated to see what it's like. With the exception of school and a stint of unemployment I've been working since I was 15. That's 20 years for those of you who don't enjoy math.

I know people often say that I'll be surprised at how busy I'll be with the baby and I'm sure that's true but the idea of not needing to dress up every morning or be out of the house at a scheduled time seems surreal at the moment.

I think my biggest fear is lack of adult conversation and no intellectual stimulation. Thank goodness for friends and a close family. Unfortunately, I HATE the phone and another fear I have is not reaching out enough due to this intense dislike.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

E-mail, baby!

Did I ever tell you I started to write when A was about 5 mos old, right about the time I felt like there were brain cells dying daily?
What's your due date?

5:46 PM  
Blogger ccap said...

My due date is October 29.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

You're gonna HAVE to be on e-mail regularly or I'LL go insane :-)

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me just say that you do get a little bit crazy. I remember the first post of mine you commented on was the one about the struggle of being a SAHM. But I can say that after 16 months it has gotten easier. Partly because of blogging...it's sometimes my only connection with the world. Partly because I don't have any nice clothes to dress up into any more, so the thought of getting ready to go to work every day is a bit terrifying (on a strictly fashion level).

But one thing's for sure: no matter how much you miss work, you're going to love that little peanut so much the idea of leaving him/her will be heartbreaking. Eventually you do. But it ain't easy.

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home