Friday, August 19, 2005

Missing it already

My husband and I love to go for walks. It is not at all rare for us to go for 3 or 4 walks in a week. It's time for us to unwind, talk and even get a little exercise. And the cool thing is, we live in an area that is IDEAL for walking. We get to walk through some quiet, residential streets but then we also get to walk along one of Winnipeg's coolest, trendiest, busiest streets to people-watch and window shop.

We both realized the other day that this will probably be the number 1 thing we miss when we move to the new place. Yes, there will be other walks on other streets (cue Billy Joel's Famous Last Words) but I don't think they'll be quite as fascinating or changing. And (excuse me while I get nostalgic) they will never be by our first home together. Our honeymoon suite.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great story Moodge. We will miss that area a lot, it has some great memories.

I wonder if Sugar Mountain will ever open on St. Mary's Road?

I'm willing to go for walks anywhere, as long as I'm walking with you.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Raehan said...

We lived in Scotland when we first got married. I think it will always be the favorite place we have lived. And.....it also had wonderful walks.

Where are you moving to?

11:31 PM  
Blogger ccap said...

Raehan, we're actually staying in the same city, just to a different area.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home