Monday, August 15, 2005

Too grouchy even for a title.

I REALLY want to post a happy post today. I want to post something frivolous and cheery on here. I want to rave about my weekend or my baby or my life in general. I want people to come on here and read a post and be jealous of how insanely happy I am. It's summer time, I'm not working a full week this week, I didn't wake up screaming over a leg cramp last night, the ob appointment went well. It should be easy.

And yet, all I REALLY want to do is make it through the day without bursting into tears.

What I will consider an accomplishment is if I don't torture, kill, maim, yell at... anyone today.

And it just figures that my two best ears (translate: two people who read and respond to my emails the best and most frequently) are both off this week.

Frankly the words my mother used to say to me "don't feel sorry for yourself or no-one else will" are dead to me today. I WANT to feel sorry for myself so harumph! I'm going to!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fine then. If you do, I won't! :-)

11:42 AM  
Blogger Raehan said...

I get grouchy, too.

You are working full time and have a baby. You deserve to be grouchy when grouchy calls. It's hard work. I worked part-time with my oldest and THAT was often really hard.

I'm not sure if you want me to feel sorry for you or not, but I will if you want me to. : )

12:11 PM  
Blogger Joyska said...

grouchy can sometimes be the best response! it worked for Oscar and he is one of my favourite Sesame street characters. Him and snuffaluffagous.... what does that say about me!!!???

Miss ya Cynthia! I might be coming home for a bit in Oct/Nov. (health junk)... i'll keep ya posted...

2:19 PM  
Blogger ccap said...

Ooh, Joyska, that would be cool if you were coming out in Oct/Nov! Hopefully we'll be able to get together!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

When I was pregnant, I remember that it seemed that I was in the PMS mode for 9 months. While I knew it was the hormones, it didn't make it much easier. Just be kind to yourself. You deserve it. When a grouchy day occurs in my life now, I let the people around me know I'm feeling grouchy and they tend to give me a little slack. You are loved by many people. Your grouchy mood does not change that.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home