Thursday, August 18, 2005

Argh!

What the @#$@(& is the matter with this camisole?! No sooner do I get it straightened out when it twists itself around again so that one strap is nearly resting under my armpit and the other is right up by my neck. Or, is it my belly or my boobs that are lopsided? Gosh, I hope not or I have bigger problems than I thought.

And, in other news: I spent yesterday with about 25 children between the ages of 5 and 11. And once again, received a reminder that I, ccap, am NOT meant to work in childcare fulltime. And for those of you who do, let me please come over and kiss the very ground that you walk on. I nearly came home and started the adoption papers on my OWN unborn child. Crazy thing was, the kids were really not behaving that badly, they're just quite overwhelming (to me) in mass quantities.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What were you doing?

And I'm pretty sure J-L would adopt the babe :)

1:44 PM  
Blogger ccap said...

Helping out at What Will We Do Wednesdays at our church. Believe me, I was HARDLY the only adult. But, I picked the craft to help with that involved me using mak tak (sp?) for several hours. I tried not to curse every time the stuff folded over on itself.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

Yeah, I get overwhelmed every time I have to tag along on a fieldtrip too. I THANK GOD there are people who do that kind of stuff WILLINGLY!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Joyska said...

as one who does the large masses of children on a regular basis; let me give you my perspective...

I have them for 2-3 hours and then I GIVE THEM BACK!!

And lead the rest of my life child free.

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been pretty clear when helping out at school - I'll supervise kids, I'll help them with reading and writing and tying their shoes, but I will NOT do 20 kids X one craft. I just can't do it without losing my ever-loving mind.

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home