Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving

I recognize that our (Canada's) Thanksgiving was over a month ago but I never finished my list of 100 things I'm thankful for. So, I'm "cheating" and finishing it off on the American Thanksgiving.

51. My boy and his love of me and our daughter.
52. Abigail and falling in love.
53. That it no longer hurts when I pee.
54. Wonderful, pretty gifts from my coworkers.
55. Thursday nights are back on! Tonight! Hurrah!
56. Being able to turn over in bed without grunting.
57. Abigail's totally melodramatic cough that makes me laugh every time.
58. Our clean bedroom.
59. That not every night is like last night.
60. Being able to fit some of my "normal" clothes already.
61. Cutting Abby's nails for the first time... without cutting her.
62. A pleasant visit with my coworkers.
63. Leaving the office.
64. Blogs that make me smile.
65. Not being afraid of sitting down.
66. Friends/family who email me nearly every day.
67. Warm sweaters on cool days.
68. Christmas and my family being together in a month.
69. My boss' first words to me: "Still humming, hey?" I like being remembered for humming - even if he found it annoying. :-)
70. Christmas decorations starting to pop up all over the place.
71. That my back is no longer sore 24/7.
72. That our baby took the bottle fine her first time.
73. An outing with just me and my boy tomorrow night.
74. My (semi) regular morning cup of coffee.
75. My 2 favorite plants that have survived my culling of the last few years.
76. Cuddling with my boy.
77. Cuddling with my girl.
78. Feeling no need/desire to cuddle anyone else in the world. :-)
79. Our beautiful red comforter. Wool from my father's sheep. Blanket made by my mother and me.
80. Discovering that we have enough air miles for one of us to fly free to somewhere new. Perhaps we CAN afford a holiday next summer.
81. The luxury of a warm bath while Abby gazes on from the nearby car seat.
82. Being able to walk quickly again.
83. Rockets - the candy.
84. My boy getting up last night to head to the living room with Abby so that I could get at least a couple hours of sleep.
85. Not getting too depressed that my jeans don't yet fit me.
86. Photography.
87. Sautéed mushrooms, zucchini and onions.
88. A concert to look forward to.
89. My baby sleeping so that I can work on this list.
90. Thus far not having to deal with any post-partum depression.
91. Freckles on my back.
92. Hand lotion.
93. Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Perfume.
94. Hearing that key in the lock when my boy comes home.
95. That my shiner is nearly 100% gone.
96. That Abby's thrush is nearly 100% gone.
97. Being childish with my boy. Eg: Giggling about the hotel near our place that has burned out lights so that it spells out "homo".
98. Knowing that in the not-too-distant future I'll be able to pack away my maternity clothes.
99. Movies to look forward to: Syriana, Rent, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe...
100. And the one that combines so many of those listed above: That I'm not pregnant anymore! Yay!

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Do you realize that more than half of your list has something to do with Abby? I'm not surprised though and #100, boy, can I relate. The 6 months after each of my children were born were the best times for me and a huge part of that was because I found myself being thankful, like you, that I was no longer pregnant.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Joyska said...

just saw Rent tonight. Let me know what you think once you've seen it... I went with my friend I told you about... very interesting!

Heehee... hope you and family are doing well!

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home