Tuesday, February 07, 2006

We're leaving on a jet plane.

My babe and I are heading off on a plane shortly to visit some of our family. I wanted to post one more time before we go. And yet, as I'm sure you can imagine, my thoughts are a bit frenzied as I'm still madly making lists in my head of things I want to get done before we go or things that I still need to pack. And so, some completely random thoughts.

- This Sunday we had our birthing class reunion. We attended a private birthing class with only 3 other couples that was run by a doula. Due to the size and the length of time spent together we got to know these people a little and decided on reuniting once all the babies were born. It was a fun time. Better than I expected. I was silently pleased at how well Abigail behaved. In fact, one of the other fathers mentioned during the afternoon that Abby should get The Most Contented Baby prize. Smug smile. Oh yeah, she's also the only one who sleeps through the night AND the only one that has willingly taken the bottle from the very start.

- The reunion was in a house I should never be in if I want to avoid coveting. Old and romantic. Also, $300,000. Gulp. And yet, the couple who owned it used generic baby wipes and generic plastic wrap. I just found that interesting. If you can afford a $300,000 home do you really NEED to save on wipes and plastic wrap?

- Peanut has not pooed in several days. I'm actually not even sure how long it's been. I am more than just a little nervous that she'll have the world's biggest blowout on the planeride. Do you think it's the first time God's heard the prayer "please don't let my daughter explode with poo on the airplane"?


- Two Mondays in a month I have gotten together with two of my closests friends for coffee at the same coffee shop and we have lost some sense of time. It is a delight and I do believe I am one of the luckiest people alive.

- I may as well get a little sappy for a moment. I am going to miss my boy. We have not been apart this long since we started dating. I am looking forward to the trip but I am also looking forward to coming home. Did I mention that I'm one of the luckiest people alive?

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Plett said...

Sigh - it used to be that when OTHER people would get together to do fun things during the day, like sit in coffee shops all afternoon, at least I had YOU to commiserate with me. Now I feel so all alone :-(

8:07 AM  
Blogger Kassi said...

Maybe they can afford the $300,000 house BECAUSE they save on baby wipes and plastic wrap ?

3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home