Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Take me out to the ball game.

6:45: We're arriving at the ballpark. The reality of what-seemed-like-a-good-idea-on-Father's-Day is starting to be questionable. Yes, I bought rockin' good seats for viewing the game. But, I failed to check if they were aisle seats. And we are here with an 8! month! old! (Strike 1)
7:23: Wow! Things seem to be going fairly well. She hasn't squawked yet and I never even brought any toys (Strike 2. I'm well on my way for Mother of the Year.)
8:00: Seriously! This is amazing. Not even a moment of fussing. Time to treat her with a little cotton candy. Any teeth that were thinking of coming out have now hidden in fear of The Sugar. (Strike 3. Seriously. Cotton Candy?!)
9:00: That boy in the row behind us may be annoying the crap out of J-L and me with his loud play-by-play but he makes my daughter smile and for that all is forgiven.
9:20ish: Game is done. A success. Seriously, this kid is astonishing us everyday. But, I do know one of the secrets to the nights triumphant success. It was outside. She loves being outside more than she loves me. Well, practically. That's my girl.

P.S.1: Final score: 3 nothing for our team. Woohoo! (All three homeruns nonetheless.)

P.S.2:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She really is amazing.
But... we already knew that.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

Raising her to become a cheerleader? Hmmm... :-)

4:36 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

Ahhh. it looks like you all had a wonderful evening.

She is too adorable with her big smiles!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Raehan said...

That's great that you had a wonderful time. Åt that age, the noise is probably a good thing. Stimulation!

We first took Rachel to a game when she was two. It was great fun. We kept Rachel happy with a snowcone. We went later with Hannah in a back pack. We need to try again. My crew is getting much more manageable.

1:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy also loves to be outside. Whenever he fusses, the best solution is to toss him in the bjorn or the stroller and go for a walk. I'm not sure he could sit through such a long game, though -- too fidgety! Good for Abby!!!

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home