Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Happy Thoughts.

In an attempt to change my mood, Peanut and I went for a long (nearly 3 hour) walk. And thought happy thoughts. Well, I did, hopefully she was too. Here (along with a few others from today) are those happy thoughts:

- Seeing peonies.
- Hearing a robin sing
- The hot-pink beaded shoes of a fellow pedestrian.
- An unexpected, spur-of-the-moment lunch date with my husband.
- Saying "hello" to the old people out for a walk in the sunshine.
- The river.
- Climbing into the crib with my daughter to chat for a bit.
- Branches bent over from all the flowers.
- Watching the old man pause on the bridge.
- Chatting with the old man.
- 4 families of geese on the river. One with 5 goslings, one with 7, one with 3 and one with 11!
- Little community parks.
- Beautiful lawns and gardens.
- 5 cent candy and some cold water for my walk home.
- The teenager wearing a message shirt: "I’m naked under this shirt"
- My new black shoes. Cheap but check out what they’re called. (Although, I may still return them. Seems silly to buy shoes mainly because of what they're called.)
- Coming home to see my husband’s truck in his parking spot.
- Coming home to some crazy hair on my daughter. (Too much time under a hat.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Heather Plett said...

Your husband bought a TRUCK?

Abby's hair looks a little like Nikki's used to. :-)

Hey - have you found the spirit tree yet? I keep meaning to go look for it.

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely day! There's nothing like a long walk to beat the blues. Jeremy loves long walks, he sings in the baby bjorn to the rhythm of our bouncing steps.

8:24 PM  
Blogger pamero said...

No!! Don't return the shoes!!!
They're awesome! Enjoy your fun
spontaneity(sp?) and keep them,
I bet you won't regret it!

12:12 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

I think that's a perfectly acceptable reason to buy and keep the shoes.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Raehan said...

Not everyone can see all that you see.

That's a gift you have there.

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home