Thursday, June 08, 2006

Fascinating people

I read the following about a week ago and I can't seem to stop thinking about this woman. I am intrigued by her. Frankly, I think I'd like to meet her. 10 terms?! Still wanting to work at 85!? 92%?! Wow.

Mississauga residents have long revered 85-year-young "Hurricane" Hazel McCallion - in her tenth term she won 92 percent of the vote! McCallion is loved for her energy and her accomplishments, all while transforming a few towns and cities into our sixth-largest city. This multi-cultural centre of nearly 700,000 people has been rated the safest largest city in Canada and has a strong, debt-free economy, thanks to McCallion's pay-as-you-go philosophy. The World Mayor organization recently named her No. 2, after the mayor of Athens.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Plett said...

FINALLY blogger is letting me leave a comment! And now I've forgotten what I was going to say...

I saw an article about that woman too. WOW! Amazing, but she must be a little crazy - working until you're 85? That's just nuts! I want some time for FUN!

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather-

You may be doing the wrong type of work... if you are doing the right work, then it is fun.

I like Hazel's attitude and philosophy. Too bad more government leaders aren't like her. Look at George W. Bush... where he clearly believes in spend all ya want, and someone else can pay for it later.

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home