Friday, May 26, 2006

Multiple choice.

So, Abby has slept through the night every night this week. Which means one of the following:

(a) She just went back to normal. Which means that J-L and I lay awake at night several nights listening to her cry for NOTHING.
(b) Our tough love worked. And, we can now proudly say we have it all together and are The Best Parents Ever and can start writing the parenting book any day now. Oy! I could barely type that last sentence, even sarcastically, for the fear of what now looms ahead for us due to my extreme arrogance.
(c) Absolutely nothing.
(d) She's quietly planning her revenge on us for letting her cry for long periods of time during the night. Can you hear her evil laugh? Mwah-ha-ha. It's quiet enough so that we continue to sleep, blissfully unaware.

(e) Someone has been sneaking into our home and drugging our daughter just before bed. To which I say publicly: SHAME ON YOU! and privately: Thanks! You rock!

7 Comments:

Blogger mmichele said...

guess what! joey is also sleeping through the night! it only took 12 years! i think WE'RE the best parents ever!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I'd like a copy of the book. Kristen's not yet sleeping through! :)

3:32 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

BTW. I hated having to do that to my babies too.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

Oh no, you may have jinxed yourself by writing this post!

Yeah, I thought I must be the Best Parent in the world when Nikki started sleeping through the night at 2 1/2 weeks... but then I had a second kid, and a third, and realized I DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING!

Now if you can get Maddie to stop climbing into our bed in the middle of the night, I'd be happy to give you the Best Parent award. :-)

4:11 PM  
Blogger Raehan said...

Well, crying it out works....definitely.

When she gets sick or is teething you'll have flare-ups gain.

But enjoy! Yes, enjoy!! Sleeping through the night is bliss.

4:12 PM  
Blogger pamero said...

Your post looks like a multiple choice question, and you know what everyone says about multiple choice: "c)" is always the right answer! Ha ha! I know, I'm a jerk and I'll get mine one day, but not for many happy sleepful nights to come...i hope.

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, I'm so scared to do that. Luckily right now Jeremy is sleeping 10-11 hours with one wakeup (most nights), so I figure I can handle that. But we've been debating whether to do CIO with naps, which are our current struggle. I'm still nursing him to sleep which I know isn't great in the long run....Anyway, enjoy the sleep!

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home