Thursday, May 11, 2006

Plop!

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. I've been waiting for it actually. That's right, my daughter just rolled off the bed. While I was at the computer reading blogs nonetheless. Shameful really. I'm sure most women would bemoan what horrible mothers they are for such an atrocity. So, can anyone explain to me why I can't seem to stop giggling about the whole thing? Seriously! What's wrong with me!?

Perhaps it's that she's been driving me a little crazy with the whining today and there's a small part of me that triumphantly thought "aha! NOW you have something to whine about."

Perhaps it was the "plop" sound followed by me frantically turning around to see her face down on the floor, completely surprised by what had happened.

Please, before you get on the phone to call CFS: (a) we have soft rug in our bedroom, (b) everyone's fine: Well, except me, *I* obviously have some sort of sick sense of humour. But, CFS can't really help with that.

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather Plett said...

Are you SURE you're your mother's daughter?

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like something I would do :o)

12:06 PM  
Blogger mmichele said...

babies whose mothers don't get all freaked out when they fall become toddlers who can handle a skinned knee without thinking they're going to die. my kids heard a lot more "WOW! was that ever cool!" than "gasp! you must be hurt!" i'm right there with you on the whining--i can handle just about anything in a kid but whining.

12:09 PM  
Blogger ccap said...

Michele, it was actually YOUR fault ;-) I was reading your blog at the time.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home