Monday, May 08, 2006

39 Moments

1. Grasping his hand (tightly) during each contraction.
2. Watching him dance with his daughter.
3. The giddy smile that appeared on his face the moment he was about to propose.
4. That first bouquet of flowers that I received at work. July 28, 2003. Many more received after that but that one still the most beautiful.
5. The card with those flowers: "Let the wooing begin." Swoon.
6. Being supported by those strong shoulders as I left the Goldeyes game heartbroken on August 8, 2003.
7. Silly poems.
8. Silly song lyrics.
9. Cooking our wedding meal together.
10.















11. "I’m feeling good about it."
12. Those brown eyes. They light up when he sees me and I don’t know what I ever did to deserve that.
13. Saturday morning cereal.
14. Sunday morning bagel, coffee and chocolate milk.
15.












16. His respecting that we needed to come home early from our honeymoon so that I could abandon him and head to folk fest.
17. Being able to make him a dad.
18. Watching our nieces jump all over him pretty much every Friday night and a lot of Sunday nights too.
19.












20. Receiving this in an email while we were trying to get pregnant: "The details of our life are not important; being with you is. "
21.










22. Holding his hand while driving.
23.
















24. Watching his smile broaden and his eyes tear up when we heard our baby’s heartbeat for the first time.
25. Being my photography assistant.
26. Driving to Grand Forks to see The Barenaked Ladies.
27.















28. Getting off a plane to see his face smiling at me at the bottom of the escalator.
29. Spontaneous dances in the kitchen.
30. Planning our summer trip together.
31. "I choose you to take up all of my time. I choose you because you’re funny and kind."
32.














33. Throwing our mattress down on the floor in our new apartment to fall into an exhausted sleep.
34. Wandering the streets of NYC with him.
35. Wandering the streets of Boston with him.
36. Wandering the streets of Winnipeg with him.
37. Wandering the streets of Jasper with him.
38. Wandering the streets of Chicago with him.
39. Looking forward to many more years of wandering with him.

Happy birthday, J-L!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very touching.
I loved the pictures also.

~K!

3:11 PM  
Blogger mmichele said...

happiest of birthdays to you,jl
and many even happier ones to come.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

Ah, I'm all choked up!

Happy Birthday, double b-i-l!

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.

I am speechless. Thanks for this Moodge, it is amazing.

It brought back so many memories. There's no one that I would rather turn 39 with then you, my dear. Falling in love with you was the smartest thing that I have ever done.

I am blessed.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Raehan said...

Aww. I'm so touched.

Can you make room for me. Group hug.

You two are very lucky souls to have found each other.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Congratulations J-L! You two are made for each other.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home