Thursday, April 27, 2006

Just as my mother suspected, good things come in threes.

1) A few days ago J-L spoke to his mechanic and discovered that it would probably cost us about $1,000 to fix our van. Boohoo. But, then yesterday, J-L (and his van) met with our mechanic and discovered it won't cost NEAR that amount. Woohoo.

2) We got our MPI (for those not in Manitoba, this is our automobile insurance) rebate cheques. A little treat this year.

3) I just renewed my autopac. However, for some odd reason, this year they reviewed my account a little more closely and discovered that they'd mischarged me years ago. I spent some time out of province and during that year and a half I was due a merit and they forgot to give it to me. Well, la-di-da. They adjusted my numbers back that far and instead of my car insurance costing me $852 this year it's only going to cost me $141. Tee hee.

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather Plett said...

We had our car in for repairs yesterday and found out the cost was $0. Still under warranty with no deductible. Yippee!

Marcel's MPI cheque is barely worth a trip to the bank. A whopping $2! (for the utility trailer licensed in his name)

2:51 PM  
Blogger pamero said...

Holee smackaroniees!
Can you pass me some o' that triple luck?!? :)

5:57 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Wow! That's a gift. We too got our cheques and in total, we got..I forget. It's already spent.

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like your Karma is on the way up... Sorry for the really bad pun, but I just couldn't resist. :D

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home