Monday, June 26, 2006

June 26, 2004.

Two years ago we were having a better day than we are today. But, I'm going to try hard to forget about our van troubles and the fact that we have to get it towed when it was just at the shop last week. And I'm not going to get too grouchy about the road trip we were going to make today but can't now due to said van. And, I'm hoping J-L will forgive me for being short with him this morning when I had to go pick him up with my car. And, I'm going to forget that I threw a bit of a temper tantrum about half an hour ago when I couldn't find either my wallet or his glasses (which we've been looking for for about 2 days). And if all we can afford to celebrate is a sandwich at a coffee shop tonight so be it.

Surely the day can only get better, right?















Happy anniversary, Moodge! Still one of the best decisions I ever made.

"Marriage hath in it less of beauty but more of safety, than the single life; it hath more care, but less danger, it is more merry, and more sad; it is fuller of sorrows, and fuller of joys; it lies under more burdens, but it is supported by all the strengths of love and charity, and those burdens are delightful." - Bishop Jeremy Taylor

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have nothing to apologize for, Moodge. Thanks for bailing me out yet again.

Happy anniversary to you, my girl. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. No one makes me feel so happy to be alive than you. You are the woman I want to grow old with and spoil my grandchildren with.

I love you. Very, very much.

Your boy.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Jodi @ blog-o-licious said...

Here I am, all teary-eyed at work. Nice post and beautiful comment from the boy. Awesome photo.

10:54 AM  
Blogger mmichele said...

happy anniversary!

glad to hear that you were short with j-l. i thought you guys NEVER did that kind of stuff. you are officially back to the realm of "normal." thank goodness.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

Happy anniversary!

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You find the BEST quotations.

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary, and enjoy the sandwich!

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't beleive it has been two years already. Things have changed and remained the same.

Congratulations!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Congratulations from me too! And I am also glad that your anniversary was less than perfect. We have had many anniversaries that I have been glad to forget and others that have been memorable. I guess that's married life, isn't it?

3:55 PM  
Blogger Nikki's world said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!:):):)

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luckily it's the in-between days that make the marriage as good as it is. The anniversaries are just some of the icing on the cake, and sometimes the icing isn't as good as we imagined it would be... We've had some of those anniversary "disasters" too, but they make great memories. Ask me some time about the flood in Philadelphia or the dead battery...
Happy Anniversary Guys! "The best is just beginning now..."

11:58 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

Oh, how sweet! happy anniversary!!

"Grow old along with me...the best is yet to be"

3:16 PM  
Blogger Raehan said...

I think the best marriages are the ones with good and bad days. If they are all "good" or all bad something is just not right and that feeling of safeness isn't there.

Wonderful quote.

Happy anniversary.

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You too! That's a great picture and I recognize the foot biting guy.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Happy Anniversary!

The 26th was my anniversary too.


Here from Angie's :)

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home