Thursday, October 12, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen reasons I'm dreading the impending winter:
1. Icy roads.
2. Scraping ice off the car windows.
3. Bundling up the babe every time we leave the house.
4. Dry skin.
5. Static.
6. Helping Dad pile wood with frozen toes. Oh no, wait, that's from my past life.
7. No more onesies with bare legs sticking out. For her, not me.
8. Constantly feeling cold.
9. The piles of snow that build up at each intersection so that it's very difficult to see whether there are vehicles coming.
10. Fogged up glasses.
11. Invariably slipping on ice at some point and getting a hole in the knee of my pants or a sore tailbone.
12. Too much time indoors.
13. Anyone want to add #13?

P.S. Perhaps next week I'll do up a Thursday 13 of things I like about winter. Perhaps.

10 Comments:

Blogger mmichele said...

the wind.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know just how you feel about missing those bare leg onesies and dreading the winter bundling ordeal. On the up side, at least now there won't be so much sunscreen to apply!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

Mountains of mitts and hats and boots and scarves dumped on the floor of the entrance to my house.

5:25 PM  
Blogger corrie said...

Well, I for one am glad to hear that *you'll* still be wearing onsies with your bare legs sticking out. Don't let winter stop you from being you, says I.

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mud by the back door.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Nichole said...

I'm already feeling No. 4. Have you tried Quench lotion? It's great.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Just D said...

well someone needs a cuppa hot cider and a slice of warm apple pie... or some hot cocoa and a melty gooey slice of pumpkin bread! Or an electric blanket and a good book... darn, I've half written your next TT for you!

10:26 PM  
Blogger mmichele said...

sorry couldn't help but notice that the last comment came from someone in massachusetts. sorry my darling but that is like being from SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA for those of us out here in the "more north than north dakota north."

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Working in a daycare... I dread the sea of runny noses that will last from now until April. Anyone invent nasal tampons yet!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Jodi @ blog-o-licious said...

You read my mind - this is totally my topic for my next Thursday 13.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home