Thursday, May 03, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - Dream With Me

Yes, I am obsessed, I may as well admit it. I visit mls.ca and comfree.com several times a day. Don't expect posts about anything OTHER than houses for the next little while.

Thirteen Things I'm a Sucker For in a House
Note: There are way more than 13 items in this list. I cheated.
2nd note: In no way,shape or form am I suggesting I'm LOOKING for these items in my home. Hence, the "dream with me" subtitle.

1. A nice, big backyard with wonderfully green grass.
2. Room for a vegetable garden (preferably already dug up).
3. Edging (preferably brick or wood) around the front (particularly brick or wood) of the house to keep the perennial garden looking clean as well as a lot of nice soil for healthy plants.
4. Sunroom.
5. Big, bright kitchen including an island. Ideally the window needs to look out into the backyard and the cupboards need to be new. Oh yeah, and a double sink.
6. Hardwood floors.
7. Fireplace.
8. Jacuzzi (or at least big, roomy tub).
9. Screened-in veranda.
10. Gables.
11. Vaulted ceiling in the living room.
12. Lots of closet space and storage space.
13. A fully finished basement.


What would be in YOUR dream house?

12 Comments:

Blogger corrie said...

My ideal house would be a big one with lots of people in it. And a room for me to escape to when I needed space.

9:33 AM  
Blogger pamero said...

I have always dreamed of having a house with bay windows that have nice comfy bench seats in them...also a woodstove in the basement.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is the difference b/t a sunroom and a veranda?

11:37 AM  
Blogger ccap said...

Anonymous: Perhaps there isn't much of a difference but in my mind a sunroom is more like this:

http://www.vadeck.com/images/stevens-glass-sunroom.jpg

and a veranda is more like this:

http://www.stay-in-canada.com/listings/1333/howe_bay_cottage_thumb.jpg

I don't necessarily "need" both, I just LOVE both.

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like there is quite a difference. (don't know where my head was) if there was a choice; i would choose a sunroom (that's what we have) over a veranda. it seems to me that a veranda wouldn't let that much sun in the windows it was partially covering. just think about the long winter months with no sunshine streaming in that side. just a thought.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one more room than the house we have, so I could have an office.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I am currently living in my dream house.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

Oh yeah - gables would grab me too. And a verandah on the front like D&L have. And a way bigger kitchen than we have, with a deck off the kitchen. And, while I'm at it, I'd throw in a cozy attic office/studio with big windows at both ends and slanted ceilings.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

See, that's why I love you. Because every single one of those things is on my dream home list. I'm lucky to have a couple of those things (6, 11, 12), yet of course I'm obsessing about 1, 2, and 3 right now.

Maybe someday I'll get the dream home; at least I'm blessed enough to have the dream family :)

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be quite happy to have Accidental Poet's bathtub--and a sufficient hot water tank to fill it!

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm looking forward to helping you make dreams #2 and #3 come true...

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you get every single item on your list. You know how to enjoy and use each one to the fullest. I am thrilled that you are house shopping. And I really want the best for you.

At the present time, I'm dreaming of a home without mold, with hardwood floors, with a spacious front yard and friend-neighbours. Looks like we'll be moving into an apartment with everything besides the hardwood floors in the beginning of June.

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home