Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Subtitled: Know what's nice? (All from our big day yesterday.)

1. Discovering that I have a peony at my new house.
2. Seeing my daughter running around the big, empty house in glee.
3. The beautiful birch trees in my backyard.
4. Having a job that I love so that leaving my house behind isn't so bad.
5. My husband moving over dozens of boxes while I'm at work giving us that much less to do during the actual move. (As well as shampooing the rugs and washing the drapes. Seriously, he was The Man yesterday.)
6. The previous owners having cleaned the house impeccably.
7. A nice new rug laying by our kitchen sink giving our house its first touch of looking like a home.
8. Sitting on the floor of our empty living room enjoying a little snack with my babe.
9. My 2 new
flangs complements of my sister.
10. Toasting our new home with my favorite sister, J-L's favorite brother and Abby's favorite double-cousins.
11. Taking the time to go to the park for a few rounds on the swing and a few times down the slide before bed.
12. Kissing my babe's toes as she rode on my shoulders to the park.
13. Knowing that I have a home.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Item #2 was my favorite. Having her find her housewarming "gifts" ranks up there too.

Item #13. Yay for us.

I love you.

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so pleased for you!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

It sure was fun to be there! Glad you like the flangs. :-)

12:02 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Wonderful list. Just wonderful.

12:21 PM  
Blogger mmichele said...

there's no beating that list.

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so beautiful. I'm sitting here with my breathing getting a little ragged because my body doesn't know if I should let the tears come! I am so happy for you!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Joyska said...

this is a huge deal isn't it? wow. You own a HOME... you OWN it... huge milestone! I am very happy for you!!! :)

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home