Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Summer is drawing to a close. The days are getting shorter and the weather is getting cooler. Tends to make me a little on the melancholy side to see this happen. And so, today...

Thirteen things to look forward to:
1. Slightly warm, slightly cool walks through the park.

2. Getting settled in my home.
3. A visit from the Calgary branch of our family.
4. Going to a movie (or two) with my equally-addicted brother.
5. One last outdoor pizza night in Riverton.
6. The resumption of Thursday Nights.
7. A surprise for my boy. Shh, don’t tell him.
8. Our housewarming party. Tentative date: September 15th. Stay tuned for details.
9. A concert planned for September, assuming my sister still wants to go with me.
10. A concert planned for October.
11. A trip to Minneapolis with Corrie, Pam and Don.
12. NFL season. Oh no, wait, that should be on J-L’s list.
13. Planning Abby’s birthday party. Yes, that’s still a long way off. BUT, it’s at OUR HOUSE so it’s extra special this year.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather Plett said...

I'll go to the concert with you if you invite me to the movie with your brother! :-)

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you think it makes you melancholy now - (this is JUST YOU WAIT - I know you love those) - wait until it's the End of Summer and your baby is going to kindergarten, or junior high ...

I HATE THE BEGINNING OF SCHOOL.

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's right! (as in "thanks for reminding me" and not as in "good guess") It's Abby's 2nd birthday! How time flies.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home