Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Phew! Made it!

Since 1997 I have seen all 5 of the best picture Oscar nominated movies before the ceremony every single year. That's a 10 year running rule. (Actually, since 1987 I have only missed 3 out of 105 movies.) And yes, for those of you who don't enjoy movies very much you can very freely tell me that I'm a little bit obsessed. I can handle it. In fact, I'd even say it about myself.

This year the Oscar nominations came on on January 22nd. At that time I had seen exactly ONE of the 5 best picture nominations. Oh dear. I'm fairly confident that's the lowest ever. That little girl in my life is hampering my movie viewing time. Seriously, it's unacceptable.

And yet, here I sit, less than one month later and I can now thankfully say that I have once again managed to catch all 5 best picture nominations before the Oscar ceremony and with 5 days to spare.

Sweet!

P.S. Thanks, J-L for "babysitting"* while I went out.

* He, he. For those of you who don't know him well, he won't even be able to see the thanks in that statement due to that WORD. Ask him sometime about his opinion on that word in relation to fathers. Ask him and then maybe step back a foot - just a suggestion; I'm not the only one in the family who's opinionated.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Babysitting? I can't even talk to you anymore.

J-L

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for movies!

11:02 AM  
Blogger mmichele said...

I'm sure J-L is an excellent babysitter. Cause we all know that's what dads do.

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time I see him, I'll ask if he enjoys babysitting while you watch The Daily Show! :-)

11:34 AM  
Blogger Cakes said...

for J-L http://www.bayocstudio.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=144&osCsid=4e38aa714989d64181d4983da9a28890

I only saw two of the movies this year. But, I saw one of them twice. You know, my man Sweeney. So, you aren't going to tell us which one you think should win?

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It drives me bonkers when fathers (generalizing) say that they are babysitting their children. I often will ask how much they're getting paid.

5:26 PM  
Blogger pamero said...

I'm not even gonna try to compare my viewing to that accomplishment. I would suck as a movie watcher. Except for the last five years, of course.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home