Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Stupid, stupid mistake

Our family is sneaking away for a little mini-holiday this weekend. We just feel that with everything that is going on in our lives we need to get away and relax and not have any responsibilities. We take off right after work on Friday. I figured, it's Wednesday, we can probably tell Abby now. Tsk, tsk, tsk. I KNOW! I'm new at this, I wasn't thinking.

Her response (no big surprise): She wanted to go swimming NOW.
My response: "No, sweetie, in two more sleeps we'll go swimming."
Her next response: Well, she then needed to go have a nap (at 7 o'clock in the morning I might add).

Oh dear. It's concerning that my 2 year-old is smarter than I am, no?

6 Comments:

Blogger Heather Plett said...

Teehee. I'm not feeling so badly about not being smarter than a 5th grader. :-)

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not one bit like A, that one ;) "I hear your no, but I don't like your no, so I WILL find the way around it."

1:01 PM  
Blogger ccap said...

AP, she reminds me of A in that regard quite often. She is a negotiator already too. Oy! Last night she wanted one meatball. We said how 'bout three or four? Nope, one. (Incidentally, she actually ate 4.)

1:42 PM  
Blogger mmichele said...

i've heard that helping your children learn to negotiate is one of the strongest interpersonal skills they can learn.

i love the way her mind works.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Hope you have a wonderful time!

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the game shows out here (actually a UK show) is "Are you smarter than a 10 year-old?" I've never seen anybody win! :-) We just can't compete against the young ones. They really know where it's at. And they're so pure. Abby sounds so delightful.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home