Friday, January 18, 2008

Money

It's funny how money works. If my husband were to ask me* if we had $220 for him to buy an ipod or a new program for the computer I would probably guffaw in his face. And yet, suddenly, when our mechanic tells us we need a new cooling fan for our car (so that I can be warm for the drive to and fro work) we can fairly easily come up with the money.

* No, I don't rule** our finances with an iron fist, just an aluminum one.
** I don't actually "rule" our finances at all. Please don't take my husband for a pansy, I just do up the monthly budget because if I do say so myself, I'm frickin' good at it.

3 Comments:

Blogger pamero said...

yeah...do you want to do our budget? We're not so good at it...

9:26 AM  
Blogger Cakes said...

Well, my husband is a pansy. But, I figure his lack of interst in our finances gives me license to squirrel away money in those off-shore accounts.

Are you warm, yet?

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Warm is good.
Warm is real good.
Warm is feckin' awesome!

And you're The Shit when it comes to money. (The Shit is Neilstown, Dublin slang for best of the best.)

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home